Specialised Dyslexia Tuition
My interest and passion have allowed me to develop and utilise support materials and resources to help children with dyslexia. Your child’s needs will be supported in a relaxed and friendly learning environment in a private practice. Following consultation and screening, I will determine the most appropriate literacy intervention. This will be highly individualised and appropriate to your child’s learning needs.
Based on research and evidence-based practices, my dyslexia tutoring uses structured, cumulative and multi-sensory teaching. The lessons are based on ‘conquering literacy’ which is widely used by specialist dyslexia teachers. However, due to the varying nature of diverse difficulties a learner with dyslexia will present with, and given the fact that every child is unique and has a specific profile, I will use a combination of appropriate strategies and interventions.
Your child will practise a wide range of skills that include:
- Alphabet arc activities
- Visual and auditory memory training
- Letter sound knowledge
- Blending and reading words
- Comprehension strategies
- Spelling, handwriting and letter formation
- Dictation and punctuation.
I ensure a warm and welcoming approach with a range of interactive games and resources which create a friendly and interactive environment for learners.
- One-hour slots of tailored learning with an additional five minutes verbal feedback with parents at the end of the session.
- Lessons are planned according to your child’s specific cognitive profile and learning preferences/styles.
- A variety of methods are used during sessions tailored to your child’s learning style.
- A variety of suitable resources are selected to ensure that the sessions are productive, beneficial, varied and fun.
- Follow-up activity during the week to ensure consistency.
- Where previous reports are made available, the recommendations are taken into consideration and impacted into my practice.
Dyslexia Learning Programme
Our Dyslexia Learning Programme involves the following:
- A 12 week individualised and intensive programme which focuses on a specific aspect of learning e.g. phonics, reading fluency or vocabulary.
- It will be designed to suit your child’s specific strengths and difficulties.
- An initial test will initiate placement.
- Specific resources and strategies are used to help your child such as manipulatives, games, websites and apps.
- A Learning Programme Plan will be designed with individualised targets and strategies.
Prior to the commencement of tuition, a pre-tuition dyslexia consultation and detailed assessment will be charged at an additional fee.
***In accordance with current Government Guidelines, face-to-face interactions are postponed at present. Option for some services via zoom/phone call. We thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.